LOVE SCENE INVESTIGATION
How can I control my love life when I can’t even control my hair? Between blind dates, friends’ introductions, online dating, singles mixers, speed dating and random encounters, I’m kissing an awful lot of frogs here. Where’s my Prince?
Break-ups, missed connections and lovers who made you wanna go into the Witness Protection Program. Unless you live in a country that has arranged marriage, it’s unlikely you’re gonna get it right on your first try. The process can feel more like a curse than a blessing.
First and foremost, don’t settle. Mr. Right Now is alright but your heart and head need to keep looking.
Your dating life, broken relationships, marriages and dreams are there to teach you what your want out of love. If it was easy, finding your true love and soul mate wouldn’t afford enough fascination for poems, songs, paintings, books, movies and tattoos. Like Mariah Carey sang, you have a “Vision of Love.” Embrace it and let it lead your search.
Love Visionaries & Love Dreamers both wake up each day: one to work toward her goals, the other to complain about heartbreak. A Vision of Love alone is not enough — it must engender adventure. It is not enough to stare up the steps of the Wedding Chapel, we must step up the stairs. The heights women of courage have scaled didn’t happen by accident. While others slept, read blogs and over-indulged in food, drink & sex, women of courage toiled upward through the night. So wake up and take your love dreams back to the lab to analyze them and out to the field to test them. It’s time to go to work on making them real!
You’re on a journey made up of many steps and missteps. Some tips to help keep it from turning bittersweet:
- People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
- If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
- If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
- If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
- What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
- If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
- The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
- Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
- In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
- Never envy someone else’s path to success. That person has never travelled in your shoes, nor you in theirs.
- Never allow someone to be your priority when you are just an option.